Monday, October 28, 2013

The Rebutal

If I read one more time what it is like being 20 something and single, I might SCREAM.

It makes me feel guilty for getting married in a few months at the age of 22.

Either I'm pissing off the people who are older than me and single or I'm getting criticized for being too young.

These articles preach living in the moment, finding the best guy for you and why you're not married at 25 or that I've given on finding anyone and that I'm trying to find myself first. GEESH.

You know what. I am confident in who I am. In this moment, I have found the most imperfect, perfect human being for me. The reason why I am getting married is not because he completes me or because I can finally start living. I am getting married because he is my best friend and I can't possibly live 18 hours away from. That life is an adventure and every single adventure I want to share with him. I am a complete person and so is he. Together we are a great team.

I have no list filled with looks, specific personalities, or expectations. I had one thing. That he and I believed the same things and valued the same things. Did I think it was going to be a rough, bearded drummer? No. But I'm glad it is.

I'm not the best person to ask for dating advice since well I've only dated one guy nor do I know the hardships of the real dating game but I do know that at this moment, I am 22 and loving the choices I have made.


No comments:

Post a Comment