Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Fitness's Witness

Anyone who knows me knows that I like fitness. I like health. I like sports. Shoot. I'm going to school for it but no one really know WHY.

Yes I love sports. I love the competition. The inner strength you fill when you achieve something. The pride of success. Sports are fun. Your teammates memorable. I especially love the competition.

I work out because of the strength I feel. I love seeing how I improve and the goals I can reach. I release stress.

But sports are demanding.

And some days you just don't want to work out.

And I've realized that's ok.

I am no longer a collegiate athlete but I still love the game. Now, my competitive drive is against myself. Who do I want to be in life? What are my new goals?

I don't work out everyday now and I am still decently pleased with myself.

I have come to terms that this body will never be a size zero. I love food, family, and fellowship too much. Fitness is now about being healthy.

I saw my grandmother pass away this summer from failing health. I NEVER want to be like that. That's why I work out. I workout to preserve my health to keep going just a little longer. I do it because I enjoy it. I no longer fret about long hours and stressful days. I'm doing a relaxed version of me and I like it.

This girl is the inspiration for this post. Her story is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment