Thursday, June 16, 2011

Trip to the Farm

Sorry that the posting has not been as frequent as I would like for it to be. I have been working ridiculous hours and going to see Martin whenever I can breath for more than a minute. Here is the latest news... I went to my Aunt Dianne's house about a week and a half ago. She is my cool aunt who has a bunch of really cool stuff. If I could have her house and all her belongings, I would be the happiest camper in the world. Anyway, I went to go see her about a sewing machine and I came back with more than just that.

The sewing machine is cool but I am having difficulty using it. I just can't seem to sew straight and the thread keeps breaking. Plus, I need more than just a hour to play with it.

I also brought back 3 quilts. ("You can never have too many blankets" - my mom) All 3 done by my Aunt Betty. Here they are:

Quilt #1: Blue Stripes and an oak leaf pattern on the other side. Beautiful!




 Quilt #2: Red stripes and pink flowers



Quilt #3: Multi-colored stripes and squares


 I also picked up a Camo brooch and matching earrings. I'm not really sure about what to do with them. I think they would make a cool shadow box. I also picked up a silver locket. I have already worn it but I am looking for a good quality chain for it. Both belonged to my cousin Sarah Lee (Aunt Betty's daughter).

AND!

I got this sweet brooch that my aunt and uncle bought for my grandmother one Mother's Day. It is furry with green eyes and a tail. It is ugly and FANTASTIC at the same time. We think it is a possum but we aren't really sure what animal it is. I LOVE IT  and have already pinned it to my bag.

Sorry the pictures suck and I don't have pictures of the last items. Although I really wish I could include some, but my picture abilities are limited and so are my resources. Basically, I suck at taking pictures.

Emski :)

No comments:

Post a Comment