Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hello again Cyber Universe!

You remember me, right? The college student who is required to check all 3 of her e-mail accounts everyday. The facebooker who checks her social account 12,3948403,20328374,2022,030939 times a day. The blog stalker. I'm back! Now with a blog I can share my entire life with you every little moment, every little thing. Wait... that's what facebook is for. Anyway...

Hello again kids.

I felt I just needed to update the universe on my life since my last post. Since the snow day we have had two other snow days, two days of classes, the weekend, MLK holiday and my first full day of school. This past week has been pretty ridiculous, not your typical. Alas, I am not ready for life to begin again but if I ever want the school year to end, it must begin sometime.

While reading my Bible the other night (another new years resolution), I was drawn to Philippians 4. I never knew that so many inspirational verse came from that single chapter. Think about it...

Phil 4: 4
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"

Phil 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Phil 4:8
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

Phil 4: 13
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

Phil 4:19
"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

The book of Philippians was written by Paul as a letter to the church of Philippi. Chapter 4 is the last chapter. While reading this chapter the other night, I recognized many of those scriptures. Then I thought about it. What an amazing way to finish a letter! Within that chapter Paul reminds the church about how great God is. He writes that God answers request if we only ask and that God can do anything AND is willing to help us do anything. He continues that God will meet our needs and that we shouldn't worry. Such incredible encouragement! It got me thinking that not only in letters but in everyday life and everyday relationships whether I give off such encouragement. Think about how good we could make others feel and ourselves feel if we encouraged everyone like Paul. Think about it.

Signing off for now hoping to fill your life with encouragement,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment