Friday, December 31, 2010

O.M.Goodness! How I LOVE Jeremy Current!

A couple of months ago I went to The Evening Muse in the artsy part of Charlotte, NC known as the Noda Arts District. First off, that place is awesome! Actually, Charlotte in general is pretty legit but that's irrelevant right now. I tagged along with my friend Grace and few of her cronies. I originally went because Mark Mathis, a Rock Hill local, was the opener and he is fantastic! I adore him and I was stoked to go see him play. Little did I know that Jeremy Current, who claims Charlotte as his home town, was going to be just as good (he is on my mind right now thanks to an iTunes gift card I got for Christmas). As of this moment I am enjoying Jeremy Current's House on Fire EP. It is AMAZING!!! My favorites are "Violet Bouquet" and "Mile Long Driveway." The greatest news is that at the beginning of the year he is going to start recording a full length album. I would totally add a video or something to this post RIGHT NOW for a small sampling but alas, there are no good ones. You'll just have to take my word for it. So look up my boys Mark Mathis and Jeremy Current and support local musicians. What are you doing?? Get too it.


No comments:

Post a Comment